Friday, May 18, 2007

Draft Mission Plan

Current mission plan

1. I love teaching. Unless my family's financial situation really calls for it, I would like to teach as long as i can. I love the feeling when my class understands a difficult lesson, see them progress through the years. Even more inspirational to see my students become excellent teachers as well. Also, with my free time, i get to do other things a 8 to 5 job wont let me do.

2. I love teaching teachers. My work for JEDI is really great as it allows me to share my teaching experience to teachers in the provinces, and start a trickle down effect in improving educational quality where its really needed. I also want to know their teaching experiences too.

3. I love freelancing. Being in the academe kind of makes me outmoded, slightly out of touch with what's going on in the field. i need to work hard with side projects to know the current trends and to earn that extra cash needed by my family. I feel better teaching if I could give examples to my students about industry practices.

4. I wont work as hard as I did. Just the one racket each time.

5. I would like to learn how to invest. I firmly believe that my extra money should be working as hard as I am. This influx of rackets wont last forever, i need to save up for the future.

6. I would like to start my own business(es). I would like to setup a franchise or a restaurant that would (over time and after a lot of effort) provide me a source of passive income.

And at the end of 4 years, i'll have the following scenarios
a. if i dont get married and my businesses fail, i'll go and work abroad
b. if i dont get married and my businesses succeed, i'll go and take my PhD abroad
c. if i get married and my businesses fail, i'll go and work in local industry
d. if i get married and my businesses succeed, i'll go and take my PhD locally

So that's it, hopefully i dont weird out again over my quarterlife crisis. But it seems that this is what i want to do with my life. ^_^

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home